Baking frozen chicken tenders in the oven is an easy weeknight dinner option. Chicken tenders are a family favorite for their versatility. You can serve these with fries, use it got sandwiches or in salads! The fact that it’s boneless makes it so convenient especially for kids.
With a few simple tips, you can make golden brown and juicy baked chicken tenders right from the freezer.
If you are looking to learn how to cook frozen breaded tenders like Tyson, Aldi’s, Perdue or other store brands, come closer, you’re in the right place.
This recipe post contains helpful tips, tricks and answers to FAQs. Please read through to ensure you get the recipe right when you try it.
One of my favorite ways to cook frozen chicken tenders is in the oven.
Chicken tenders, also called chicken strips or chicken fingers, are pieces of chicken breast that have been cut into long strips. They are coated in breading or batter then frozen.
Frozen chicken tenders are available at most grocery stores in the freezer section. They provide a quick and easy protein option to incorporate into meals.
Whether you are cooking these or popcorn chicken for your KFC Famous bowl copycat recipe. You’ll enjoy the flexibility using the oven brings to the table.
While the air fryer is my preferred method for obvious reasons it’s quicker and yields equally crispy results, baking frozen chicken tenders in the oven is great when you want to cook a large batch and don’t have time to cook in batches (sorry air fryer).
The good thing is that the oven can make juicy tender meats as well. If you are looking for an alternative protein to chicken, you’ll love this oven-roasted tri tip steak, So good! Be sure to add this Lebanese stuffed grape leaves in your list of sides for chicken tenders.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- They are kid-friendly and picky eater approved. The mild flavor and crispy coating makes them a hit with children as it’s reminiscent of popular fast foods restaurants meals.
- They require minimal preparation. Simply throw them on a baking sheet from the freezer and bake.
- The oven yields a nice crispy exterior without the mess and hassle of frying.
- Chicken tenders pair well with many dipping sauces like ketchup, Mayo ketchup, Mayocue, ranch, honey mustard, Dijonnaise or barbecue sauce.
- They can be eaten as a main course or side dish with vegetables or fries. Did you know chicken tenders and fries is a great dinner idea? If that’s your kind of meal, be sure to check out our air fryer chicken nuggets and fries dinner next!
What you’ll need
Your favorite brand of frozen chicken tenders of popcorn chicken.
How long to cook frozen chicken tenders in the oven
Baking frozen chicken tenders requires minimal preparation but yields crispy, delicious results. All you need is a baking sheet. In just 18 to 20 minutes in the oven, you can enjoy crunchy baked chicken tenders for dinner.
Quick tip: Feel free to add more time if the chicken tenders isn’t done in 20 mins.
How to cook it
See printable recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions!
Cooking frozen chicken tenders in an oven is my next favorite method second to the air fryer. I love the convenience of using the oven in the colder months of the year.
You don’t need to do much here, simply preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) while the oven is preheating, line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange the frozen chicken strips on the parchment paper lined baking sheet then bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 mins. Remember to flip half way through cooking time.
If the chicken is not heated through by the time the 20 mins is up. Add additional 2 to 5 mins. The internal temperature should be at least 165°F (74°C) to be considered safe to eat.
What to serve with chicken tenders
We’ve got an extensive post on the best sides for chicken tenders which you should check out. In the meantime here are some of our favorites.
- French fries or sweet potato fries
- Homemade ranch, honey mustard, or barbecue sauce for dipping. Serving baked chicken tenders with multiple dipping sauce options lets everyone customize their meal.
- Steamed broccoli florets or roasted carrots
- Macaroni and cheese or mashed potatoes
- Fruit salad with berries
- Coleslaw, potato salad, or pasta salad
How to store and Reheat
Baked chicken tenders will keep refrigerated for 3-4 days. To reheat, use the air fryer and reheat at 400°F for 3 to 5 mins or until heated through.
Alternatively preheat the oven to 400°F then place them on a baking sheet and bake in the preheats oven for about 5 minutes until hot and crispy.
You can also reheat them in the microwave but the texture may become soggy. Microwave the tenders on a plate for 30-60 seconds until heated through.
- Use parchment paper on the baking sheet for easy clean up .
- Space tenders evenly on the sheet so they crisp evenly.
- Flip halfway during baking to promote browning on both sides.
- Check for doneness at the minimum oven time.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving for juicier chicken.
You can bake chicken tenders straight from the freezer. No thawing required! Just follow the instructions stated in this recipe.
400°F is ideal for crisping the exterior. Some ovens run hot or cold so monitor closely.
If you are cooking from scratch yes, simply season before baking. You could use a combo of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, or ranch seasoning. However frozen breaded chicken tenders don’t need to be seasoned.
More Recipes like this
- Air fryer frozen chicken tenders! This is my favorite way to cook chicken tenders. It turns out crispy and delicious in less than 15 mins!
- Bacon wrapped chicken tenders. You know everything is literally better with bacon right? Have tried it yet? You should and yes it’s an air fryer recipe so it’s quick.
- Check out all our chicken recipes.
Did you find this post helpful? Please leave a comment below and use the star rating to let us know how much you enjoyed it.
Have you shared this recipe yet? This is the time to use the share buttons and share this chicken recipe with your family and friends.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon! If you’d love more chicken recipes, sign up for our free newsletter and come hang out with us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tiktok and YouTube for updates.
For now…. Let’s cook chicken!
Love it? Pin it!
Frozen Chicken tenders in oven (Tyson frozen chicken strips)
- 1.5 lb frozen chicken tenders
- ¼ Cup Ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) while the oven is preheating, line the baking sheet with parchment.
- Arrange the frozen chicken tenders in the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 mins flipping halfway through cooking time. Feel free to add more time if needed.
- The internal temperature should be at least 165°F / 74°C to be considered safe to eat.
- Serve with fries, make a sandwich or use as a salad topping.
- No need to thaw, cook from frozen..
- Don’t forget to flip the tenders halfway through.
- Adjust cooking time if needed.