This instant pot spaghetti and frozen meatballs recipe is a one pot dish the whole family will enjoy. With a few ingredients and less than 30 mins, you got dinner served in no time.
I love the convenience of cooking pasta and meatballs in my pressure cooker. It’s a dump and go chicken dinner idea that turns out so delicious and packed full of flavor.
This recipe post contains helpful tips, tricks and answers to FAQs. Please read through to ensure you get the recipe right when you try it.
Instant pot spaghetti and chicken meatballs
Our instant pot spaghetti and meatballs recipe makes for a fast weeknight meal for the family. This easy pressure cooker recipe is about to become your new favorite go-to dinner!
With just a few simple ingredients you likely have on hand, you can whip up this classic Italian-American comfort food in under 30 minutes thanks to the magic of the instant pot.
One pot wonders always trump multiple pot recipes with ease and simplicity. Did I say and with easy clean up too? It’s perfect for busy weeknights and lazy weekends. Looking for more tasty pasta recipes? You should try this traditional Italian pasta fagioli recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe
Quick recipe: Only takes 10 minutes of prep time, then the pressure cooker does the work. Bonus point is that this instant pot and frozen meatballs is made with a jarred sauce making it even easier.
Pantry staples: Uses common ingredients many have on hand. The seasoning blend takes this easy pasta dish to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Picky eater approved: Kids and adults love the classic spaghetti and meatballs combo. Nothing beats the melded flavors of tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, and meatballs mixed with al dente pasta.
Leftovers reheat beautifully.
Frozen chicken meatballs
Chicken bouillon powder
How long to cook
It takes about 10 to 15 mins for the instant pot to build pressure and only 7 mins to cook the spaghetti. So I would say this instant pot spaghetti and frozen chicken meatballs takes about 22 mins from
How to make instant pot spaghetti and chicken meatballs
See printable recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions!
Arrange the frozen meatballs in a single layer at the bottom of the inner pot. Break spaghetti in two and arrange in cross cross pattern over the chicken meatballs then add the pasta sauce.
Next add the spaghetti seasoning blend, oil and water. Cover the instant pot, turn the knob to sealing position and set to cook on high pressure for 7 mins.
After 7 mins, do a quick release, open the instant pot, stir and serve.
What to serve with spaghetti and meatballs
Salad or steamed vegetables like broccoli or green beans
Garlic bread or breadsticks
Additional parmesan cheese for topping
Small Caesar salad or green salad
How to store and reheat
Let leftovers cool completely, then store in airtight container in fridge up to 4 days
To reheat, add to pot with a splash of water and reheat on stove over medium until warmed through
Can also reheat individual portions in the microwave
- While you can use from scratch meatballs, using premade frozen meatballs makes this recipe super simple.
- Break dry spaghetti in half then put it in the instant pot in a cross cross pattern. This will prevent the pasta from clumping together.
- Don't stir the uncooked pasta after adding it to the inner pot.
- Quick release pressure after cooking time is up.
- When you open the instant pot, the spaghetti and meatballs will look watery. Just stir, it thickens as it cools.
I used a 6-quart instant pot which is ideal for this recipe. You need at least a 6-quart size to fit the pasta and meatballs comfortably.
Yes, you can double all the ingredients if cooking in an 8-quart size instant pot. Just make sure to add ½ cup extra water.
Cook fresh meatballs for 7 minutes on high pressure, followed by a quick release.
Make sure you are using the correct cooking time stated in this recipe. You can stir then cover the instant pot with the lid and let the residual heat continue to cook and soften the pasta.
No stirring required! Keep the dry pasta layered on top and don't mix while cooking for best results.
Yes, you can use any short cut pasta like rotini, penne or farfalle.
Make sure you are using enough liquid for the recipe by following the instructions in the recipe card. Also do not stir after adding the spaghetti to the instant pot.
Are you looking for a fast weeknight meal the whole family will devour? This easy instant pot spaghetti and chicken meatballs recipe is one you should try. I hope you get to try it out.
If you you do and enjoyed it? Please leave a comment below and use the star rating to let us know how much you enjoyed it.
Have you shared this recipe yet? This is the time to use the share buttons and share this chicken recipe with your family and friends.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon! If you’d love more chicken recipes, sign up for our free newsletter and come hang out with us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tiktok and YouTube for updates.
For now…. Let’s cook chicken!
Love it? Pin it!
Instant pot spaghetti and frozen meatballs
- 20 meatballs
- 10 oz spaghetti
- 24 oz Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 cups water or chicken /vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground rosemary optional
- 1 teaspoon bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Arrange the frozen meatballs in a single layer at the bottom of the inner pot.
- Break the spaghetti in half and layer the pieces randomly to prevent sticking.
- Pour in water or stock (refer to notes for instructions on using meat/vegetable stock).
- Next, add the Pasta Sauce, sprinkle the spice blend, and drizzle the oil.
- Cover the instant pot and ensure the sealing valve is set to "sealing" position. Choose manual pressure cook and set the timer to 7 minutes for al dente or 8 minutes for a softer texture.
- After the cooking cycle finishes, perform a quick release and open the instant pot when the float valve is down. Stir the contents to combine.
- Cover the pot with an Instant Pot glass lid and allow it to rest for approximately two minutes to thicken.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious meal!